In consideration of the opportunity to participate in Clauses4Causes™ free simple wills and powers of attorney for patients undergoing treatment for cancer, I, and my heirs, successors and assigns, hereby agree and represent as follows:
1. I understand that the law firm participants joined in this program of their own free will and are not obligated to provide services nor do they get paid or reimbursed for their services. I understand that participating law firms agree to provide a simple will, living will, healthcare power of attorney and durable power of attorney only and do pay their employees to perform this service free of charge to me.
2. I am eighteen years of age or older and legally competent to enter into this binding legal contract.
3. I understand that participation in Clauses4Causes™’s benevolent legal documents program is strictly voluntary and I freely choose to participate.
4. I understand that Clauses4Causes™ makes no warranty, express or implied, as to the quality of the legal services provided by its law firm participants under this program.
5. I understand that the law firms providing legal document drafting services are not employed by or compensated by Clauses4Causes™. Clauses4Causes™ makes no representation, express or implied, regarding the competency or character of any law firm providing such legal documents.
6. I agree to release and covenant not to sue Clauses4Causes™, its officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, demands, losses or damages on my account that are caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence, directly or vicariously, of Clauses4Causes™, its officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns.
7. I understand that Clauses4Causes™ does not provide any legal malpractice insurance coverage for me. Although the law firms represent themselves to be insured, Clauses4Causes™ makes no attempt to verify or ensure this and I understand that it is up to me to request proof if I want this assurance.
8. I understand that any interpretation of this release shall be governed by the laws of the State of South Carolina without regard to the choice of law conventions of the forum state.
9. I have completely read and understood this Patient Release of Liability.
I am submitting this release and waiver of liability voluntarily and of my own free will. I agree to be bound by the terms of it.